In US railroad terminology, a gondola is an open-topped rail vehicle. Because of their low side walls, gondolas are also suitable for the carriage of such high-density cargos as steel plates or coils, or of bulky items such as prefabricated sections of rail track.
The Gondola package includes cars of the following railroad companies:
- AM (Arkansas and Missouri Railroad)
- BNSF (Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway Inc.)
- CP (Canadian Pacific Railway)
- NS (Norfolk Southern Railway)
- WCRC (Washington Central Railroad)
Each gondola has different products, textures and running numbers.